Region 4 Preview
Region 4 consists of five schools from Utah and Salt Lake County. This is by far the best region in the state of Utah and has three teams that we believe could win the 6A state tournament championship.
1) Lone Peak High School: The Knights have the best program in the state of Utah and this years team will be no different. They are lead by a three headed monster of seniors that are guards Steven Ashworth and Chantry Ross then big man Jackson Brinkerhoff. The Knights also have several key role players that make this team the favorite to win Region 4 and the 6A championship.
2) American Fork High School: The Caveman are loaded with size and talent which will give them the chance to with Region 4 and even the 6A state championship. They are lead by 2019 6'10 forward Issac Johnson who is one of the best juniors in the western United States. The Caveman also have 2019 guard Trey Stewart who is poised for a huge year and is a D1 level recruit.
3) Pleasant Grove High School: Everything goes through the success of 2019 7'3 Center Matt Van Komen. He is one of the best centers in the country and changes the game. He block and changes so many shots and then on offense he dominates the paint when he is able to get deep catches. 2019 guard Casey Brown is one of the best shooters in the state which opens the floor for Van Komen.
4) Bingham High School: After back-to-back state championships the Miners will have to relay on several new players. New Transfer Brock Anderson will need to have a huge year for them to be competitive in this region. Anderson averaged nearly 13 points per game for Riverton last season. The rest of scoring is to be seen as the Miners are losing 56 points per game due to graduation but they always have good players coming up the pipeline so don't count them out.
5) Westlake High School: The Thunder have been stuck in the best region in the state which will be an uphill battle for them. 2019 wing Cooper Mattson should have a big year after averaging over 6 points per game as a sophomore. This preseason the Thunder will need find some scorers after losing several key seniors. If they can, I think the Thunder can compete for the 4th seed in Region 3.
Leave a Reply.